Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Ole Stairs

I had company for stairs training tonight - Joanne & Carmen. :) Deja vu, like the old times, sharing the same stairwell and lift at Blk 21 Tiong Bahru, and staring at the pair of boots in front of us. Good company made the monotony of stairs so much more bearable!

I used the same backpack configuration as Sunday - 21kg, which eventually went to 20kg. All that sweat and I only drank 1l of water?? I was dripping sweat like it was FOC. Every stairs training was a toxic affair, nothing was spared in the sweat arsenal.

I started earlier and finished 4 sets before they began. They good naturedly accompanied me for another 6 sets although they were planned only 3-4 sets. Yeah!

Timings:
8:25min, 8:23, 8:26, 8:50, 8:09 (must have gone crazy), 8:47, 8:59, 9:51 (clearly, degenerating), 9:18, 9:50

Last week I did 10sets with 16kg, approx 160kg of effort. Today, similarly, by the 8th set (8x 20kg = 160kg), the lactic had built up and I was losing form. Every step started to burn, my quads oh my. The last 2 sets were purely mental, for which I was grateful to have company. I have never trained with that weight before. Perhaps I should also be thankful for my (body) weight gain. Haha. Oh ouch my quads....

No comments: