Monday, September 6, 2010

Gino Physio

I finally saw Gino on my friends' recommendation after 1 month of nagging knee pain that did not subside even when I scaled back my runs. Prior to joining Physio Solutions and starting up Sports Solutions, Gino Ng worked as a senior sports physiotherapist at the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) for 10 years. He also travelled with many national teams and treated our national athletes. Gino did a few assessment tests on me, & concluded it was my weak gluteus medius. And stiff L3 and L4 vertebrae, ie. if I fully exaggerate my walk or run, my leg will be very bowed out, because the muscle is not holding the leg/ knee in its proper alignment. Plus a very tight side femur dunno what muscle. That's not the ITB. So my right knee is not soft or mobile, and right leg tends to "collapse" easier. So my own guess was quite right - hip & vertebrae, & not ITB. Oh well, got a trigger ball to release muscles. And do strengthening. Fascinating! Maybe I shld study physio!

http://psescapades.blogspot.com/2009/08/contact-list-for-sports-treatments.html

No comments: