Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pre-dawn Ride for Dim-sum

The amazing power of food. Specifically, dim-sum breakfast buffet. We had a big table booked for 9am. Friends who finished the annual Army Half Marathon would join in after the race. For those of us who did not run (my first year skipping the event!), we decided to go for an early morning ride as mitigation for the feast to come.

So I dragged myself up at 5am. It was painful, I was so not a morning person. Alber and I met W, SL and KM at the Mandai junction, and we headed to Kranji. It was rather refreshing to ride in the cool wee hours for once, without traffic and heat. Then wound through Neo Tiew, LCK, Jln Buroh towards West Coast Hwy.

And we decided to split and head home from there. The rest went up the viaduct towards town, while Alber and I proceeded with a South BV and NUS loop before going home.

Total: 56km.
I was so not conditioned, after weeks of no-rides. And 56km was not even 1/3rd of the IM distance! Oh not good....

Meanwhile, dim-sum beckoned. :)

No comments: