Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fish, fish, fish

I went for a morning spin and pump class. My arms were perhaps more conditioned by now and they did not ache as much after the weights. But the squats and lunges were really lactic-inducing. After gym, I headed out for a well-deserved fish soup rice. Oh I could live on that for days and not get bored. :)

My sister was back from her Europe trip. The whole family went to Hilton for a Japanese buffet dinner. I must say that the spread was rather sumptous, with free flow of sake (not that I fancied it). The sashimi was not up to my standard though, the salmon slices were not from the taro (belly) area and tasted dry. However, the scallops and many others deserved second helpings. The steamed cod fish was excellent, the fish pulling away in complete slices with the touch of my chopsticks. So much fish and sashimi. I might have been a cat in my previous life! Dessert was good, especially so if the famed Hilton New York cheesecake was on the menu. Lovely. It lived up to its name. I would probably have to run harder tomorrow to work off the extra calories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures