Thursday, January 10, 2008

Talent-less

Disgustingly slow. Last of runners. Overtaken by everyone else. All our runners have improved so much, I'm now usually at the last of the pack. I can't say I didn't try today. It looked like a trot-along pace but it felt like a semi-brisk run. No matter how much faster I shuffled, or opened my stride, the gap between me and the next runner ahead widened. By the time I returned to Safra, the group was midway through their cooling down stretches. Why does everyone seem to run so easy and way ahead of me, while I'm gasping so hard? So what if I manage to catch up at 30, 40 or even 50km, most races would have been over. Me..... No talent, no ability, no potential. Heck. I'm resigned to mediocrity.

2 comments:

The DreamRunner said...

heh, its ok...I start out very slow mostly, and take a good 20km+ to catch up...haha...so u r not alone... we all prefer to take it slow and easy...:)

Linda Tan said...

I pant bloody hard too, babe! PANT PANT PANT (can you hear me?)

*shacked!*

We are never doomed to mediocrity, not you, not me. I remember a speech that David Lim the ex-Singapore national swimmer once gave - I paraphrase -: we are pushing the envelope of our abilities with each training, accumulating the 'experience' even though it may seem that there is no visible improvement. It is akin to letting the bubble of our skills get bigger and bigger, until it finally bursts... and we reach the next stage of our development.

Let's keep on feeding our bubble together. As Chee Meng would say, Smile :) :p