Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gear Shopping

I had decided that this week would be my recovery week, ie. no long runs, after the KL race last weekend. Curbing my temptation to head off to Macritchie for a run, I went for a spin and pump class instead. I drove my new Little Greenie to the gym and parked it for 3h. The ensuing parking charges gave my heart a harder workout than the classes - $11! My eyes blinked double as the fees flashed across the display and my cashcard beeped at the exit. Ouch. Ok, it was going to be better carpark planning henceforth. Not to mention cheap cheap lunches for the month.

After class, I went to Sam and Eddie's new showroom openhouse to check out the gear that they carried. There were a couple of items on super marked down prices, and I bought 2 pairs of Pearl Izumi tri tights for $45 each. The original price was $129! What a steal. They would come in handy for the Sabah race. :) Since I was in the eastern area, I popped by Cycle Craft to get a bike pump - the tall standing type. Viki recommended a particular model for roadies, and a customer beside me ayed in agreement. I hoped the new pump would be able to hit high pressures without me having to jump up and down on the handle bar, trying to push the air through!

No comments: