Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Telok Blangah Loop

We ran Telok Blangah Hills tonight. KC came along too. There was a slight change in the training plan. Instead of our usual 1km loop starting from the carpark, Jimmy shortened it to about 600m starting from the triangular branch-off junction. We were to do 8 sets.

I thought the new loop was better. There was only 1 upslope (instead of 2) and that allowed us to really go all out on the upslope rather than conserving for the 2 slopes. I followed the trainer's advice to chiong up hill and take it easy down. The runners were split into 2 groups by gender. The guys were flagged off after the girls as they were faster and caught up easily. In the girls group, Colleen was leading all the way, followed by Julie. On the 3rd set, Chairman joined us to be the 'rabbit' and up the pace.

I usually did not like hill work, but to my surprise, I was enjoying the new route. My timing was +/- consistent for all the sets. I skipped the 7th set as there was a slight strain in my left shin. All of us did the last set together. The guys really went all out and blasted past me in a flash. After the 8th set, we did an easy jog around the loop to cool down and made our way back to Safra.

Hmmm..... I think I need to drop 1.5 - 2kg and tone up a little more to run faster. The scale tipped the wrong way again today. But oooh, there was going to be good food and many gatherings ahead.

No comments: