Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fish Soup Saturday

Skipped my morning run. Skipped my morning ride. Did not feel like waking up early and did not want to wash my bike again. So I popped down to the gym for spin and pump classes instead. Spin was decent. Tried to load up slightly more for pump weights and suffered big-time. My upper bod strength was 'cannot make it'....

I managed to get my fish soup lunch at Maxwell market. Yeah! That was my 4th attempt and the shop was finally opened, albeit without the pomfret fish. Ahh bliss. Luckily or unluckily, I was trapped by a sudden heavy downpour at URA building after lunch. Good thing I was already in the building when the rain pelted down, but now I would have to entertain myself while waiting for it to stop. I sat at the lobby counters, made myself comfortable and read my Economist. I had learnt never to leave home without a good read to kill waiting or commuting time. No idea why I felt so tired I nearly fell asleep in the lobby. I think I would really ache tomorrow on the sunday run.

Caught up with KC, Dom and Linda for a movie in the evening. Inevitably, the discussion soon veered into the upcoming races and exciting overseas events. I would probably team up with Dom for the North Face 100 trail run. The route sounded insanely muddy and dirty! Chee Meng had been trying to pique my interest in the Gobi Desert race (http://www.4deserts.com/gobimarch/) this year, which to-date had never appeared on my radar. Meanwhile, half my heart had fluttered to a mountain somewhere, don't know when. I would like to do a climb this year as well.

No comments: