Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fatbird Nighthawk First Run

We joined Fatbird's Nighthawk operation first run this morning. This was the training for Sundowners, we were there as running guides. Aim: 21km @ ECP starting from Playground.

I started off chatting with Esther for 4km, had not seen her for almost a year, so lots of catching up to do. We were going at a slow conversational pace, possibly 8min or slower. Then I saw Angela and we ran along, exchanging IM race stories. By the time I reached the 21km u-turn point at NSRCC, it was already 1:30h. Oops. I ran the rest of the distance back to Playground. As it was the first time I was running with the Fatbird runners, I did not recognize them. And did not know who were the pacers/ pacees.

I managed to complete the return leg in about an hour. Along the way, I saw Coach's face on every alternate lamp post. He and Sarah were the poster stars for Aviva 70.3 and their banners were draped all along ECP. Gosh, I could almost hear "And... go!" all the way for 21km. Haha.

Total run: 21km, Time: 2:30h.
A nice LSD.

No comments: