Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yellowfish OWS for Aviva

A last open waters sea swim for the folks racing in Aviva next weekend. I had no race but turned up anyway. It was one of the official sea swim for Aviva participants, so there were several non-Yellowfish swimmers coming for the familiarization swim.

We started at the beach at Playground instead of F2, to simulate the actual race venue. Coach set up the loop, about 450m, complete with the Aviva and Powerbar banners and flags. He briefed everyone on the swim and set us off on a warm-up round. Then more instructions on the long distance swim, some tips on how to race, and off we went.

2 loops, run out to the beach, and in again for another 2 loops. Technically a total of 1.8km+. I think the distance was less after some time as the buoys floated off. Haha. In any case, my timing looked fast for my speed.

The problem with training at Playground was the lack of public showers. So I had to go over to B1 to wash up. Then we headed for nonya mee siam at Siglap. I had the tuna sandwich set instead which was a good value for money. We sat and chatted for such a long time, and kept ordering food. Oh my, better escape early or I would keep eating and wipe out the cafe!

No comments: