Monday, November 3, 2008

Back in humid Singapore

Back to Singapore last night. The weather kicked me in the face at Changi Airport. The blast of humid dense air made it difficult to breathe, after the crisp cool air in Helsinki. The return flight was full, which meant I was stuck to an upright chair in the Economy sardine class for a straight 12h. Thankfully it was an SQ flight and not a Lufthansa operated one, so the seats had a slightly wider pitch, and service was good. I drank some wine and tried to sleep. Amazingly, it was the first time on a flight that I had difficulty falling asleep.

Today, my car air-con was turned full-blast. Walking out for lunch, I was convinced that we would not have that quality of life X-factor that Singapore so aimed for as long as the hot and humid weather was in our face. A huge contrast to the four seasoned-weather in Switzerland and Finland, where even children's playground looked more enjoyable, and people walked everywhere and used the public transport simply because it was efficient, reliable and comfortable. Heavens forbid that a bus ride should feel cold in winter! Incidentally, I rode in my friend Sylvia's BMW in Zurich. The heater warms up the seat delivers a nice comfortable gradual warmth to one's important bottom. Lovely!

I went for RPM Challenge tonight. Legs were fresh after 1 full week's rest after Lucerne Marathon. The air was rich but somehow the lungs felt like it required extra effort to filter out the oxygen. Met KM, Michelle and KC for dinner and catch-up about training for marathon. I must try to sleep early tonight and overcome the delayed jetlag.

No comments: