Friday, November 28, 2008

Yellowfish Swim - Conned to Sprint

I had a good tui-na yesterday. After the kneading on my neck and entire spine, I could breathe much easier today. Consequently, swim class was a lot more productive and manageable (compared to last week's heaving and puffing and blocked nose full works).

I was late and reached only at 7pm, and missed 15min of drills. :( I joined in for some side rolls and then some 50m of back-stroke, breast-stroke, butterfly, front crawl, before we started on training laps. There was a weird soreness in my left biceps/ shoulders. Could it be the effect of my Tetanus jab yesterday? Sure it was not that lasting.... but the muscle around the jab prick was really sore. I could sort of rotate my arm, but not really 'pull' the water.

We did 450m, 350m, 250m, 200m. Then 50m sprints. Coach said 8 sets for lanes 3-4, and 6 sets for lanes 1-2. After the 1set however, he claimed we were very disorganized, so not counted and restarted from zero. Wah seh, kenna conned! Haha. So we dutifully did 6 more sets. Then another con. He said rest for 2min and do another set of 6 sprints. *blink* Mental calculation - that meant 12 sprints?!? Breath got faster. Maybe Coach was teasing us, and after some protests, he ended after 3 sprints. Whew....

No comments: