Saturday, November 29, 2008

MR Trail Test-of-Reflexes Run

I love running in the trails. Back at MR this morning (well, it was more like noon) in the blazing heat. There was a new carpark in construction, it looked really big and would be a great help to easing the parking limits at MR. I decided to run to Pierce toilet and back.

It was certainly a test of my reflexes. I almost stepped on a sunbathing grass snake, which was brown and looked like a twig. It slithered away fast and furious before I even lifted my foot over it. I was more shocked than it. The monkeys were out in a troops today, seldom saw so many in MR. I kept slapping my thighs to create 'warning' noise (lest they attacked), and almost missed a giant monitor lizard in the middle of the path. Had to jam-brake! As I was afraid to jump over it, I had no choice but to jog on the spot and wait for it to slowly crawl across the path. A little further up, I saw another monitor lizard again. Gosh! Met Chairman and a Safra lady runner as I was finishing my run. Hmmm, clocking mileage at this stage of marathon training?

The run was good, legs felt bouncy. Love the softness of grass and trail. :)

No comments: