Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Staircase Training

I finally resumed my long deferred staircase training. I am officially in panic mode, with my climbing expedition less than a month away. Gosh! I packed my backpack last night, stuffed it about 14-15kg. It had been more than 1 year since I last climbed staircase. Deja vu! The 30-storeyed Tiong Bahru flats, with the familiar bicycles and laundry in the stairwells. There was a family on the 3rd floor cooking dinner. First round, the wafts of freshly steamed rice assailed my nose. Second round, I sniffed fried fish.

There were 2 stairwells, so our common training practice was to alternate the stairwell so that we would not be 'turning' on the same leg all the way. I spied 2 large bottles of ice cold mineral water bottles on the 30th floor. Ahh, one of the girls should be training as well. True enough, I bumped into Jane and Yihui. It was nice to see some faces on the boring stairs!

It rained non-stop and the weather was thankfully cool tonight. By my 2nd round, I was totally drenched in sweat. It was like being in a sauna! I managed 8 sets of stairs tonight, and was super famished. Time to head home for a warm dinner.

No comments: