Friday, November 7, 2008

Swim and Lumut, Here we come!

I went for swim class tonight. My 1st swim after 2 weeks' break, it was super refreshing. Very delighted that I could sustain a 4-breath-1-pull for a lap (I normally breathe on every 2 strokes). We did some drills. Too long never swim, forgot how to do side kick. Oops. We did 4-breath, then we did 2-4-6-breath-1-pull. That was quite fun. Then we did 6 sets of 100m moderate, and 6 sets of 50m sprint. It was supposed to be 8 sprints, but we negotiated for a discount. :)

There were not many people in class today. Most were going up to Powerman tonight, so they did an earlier class in the week. I could not do a make-up class, having just returned from Europe. Anyhow, the plan was to rush home at 9pm, grab 2 bicylces, load up and drive to the coach terminal in Lavender by 10pm. Ambitious. In-between that, I was stuffing in mouthfuls of rice and lup-cheong (chinese sausages). Mental flash - why do I keep packing stressing myself like that?

I made it to Lavender a little late. My dad drove the car back, but I had forgotten to unload the bicycle pump and my house keys from the car! So he had to drive around again. Many passengers were there already and we quickly loaded the bicycles and gear. We had more than doubled our group size this year. Last year we went in 2 buses. This year, a total of 5 buses! I was surprised to see an entire busload of Yellowfish swim-mates. Soon we were on our way..... that annual 9h 'pilgrimage' to Powerman.

No comments: