Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bt Timah Trail Sauna

I took my pair of brand new Leki Makalu Ultralite anti-shock trekking poles to Bt Timah Nature Reserve (BTNR) for training. They were my birthday present from a bunch of great friends, and really came in handy now because I misplaced my existing ones.

It was my first time back at BTNR in 1.5 years, gosh! I hoped I remembered the routes and circuits. To save time (because it was already noon, oops!) and up the intensity, I decided to do 3 sets of the same steps, followed by a loop. I had a new Halo headband on my forehead and it did a terrific job of keeping away the sweat and hair from my face. The amount of perspiration from stairs and trek training was amazing (coming from someone who sweats minimally). I was toxically drenched in no time.

Training
Summit Path x 3sets - Fresh and perky
Rengas Path x 3sets - Lactic started to set in, legs turning into jelly
Jungle Fall Path x 3sets - Low sugar, legs turning into stone
Dairy Farm Loop - More wooden steps!

My legs were jellied and shoulders ached by the end of it all. My 15-16kg backpack now felt like a 18-20kg pack, pressing down against my shoulder blades and back. My Marmot pack hip belt was tightened to the max, and so were the shoulder straps. Ouch, there was a slight abrasion on my hip.

No comments: