Saturday, November 22, 2008

Toxic Bt Timah

I was so zonked last night, I slept all the way til noon today. The sun was bright and hot outside. I dragged my lazy body out of bed and got ready for another afternoon in BT trail steps training. Good golly, I found my (misplaced) trekking poles! Oops.... and I had just received a brand new pair last week. :( Now I felt bad that my friends had to spend money to buy that for me. *guilty pout* No matter, the old pair was a little stiff to the turn but still usable. They had served me faithfully for 5 years. I would use them for local trainings or lend them to friends, and bring my nice new Ultralight pair on the expedition! :)

Training:
3x Spath
3x Rpath
3x Jpath
Over! Happiness!

I made the mistake of over-tightening my shoulder straps, and suffered big time on the first two sets of steps at SR-paths. Could not breathe properly as the entire weight pressed down on my shoulders. Luckily I had some sense to readjust the straps and what a huge difference that made for my last set of J-path. But still, shoulders were aching. A group of uncles were at Rengas and commenting on my gear by the sideline, guessing the weight of my pack and how come my boots were not Timberland (?!?). I took a sip on my hydration tube, and heard one proudly telling his friend that it was water and I was drinking (from that device). Haha. It was like having a live commentary by my side. Today I did not see any creepy crawlies (last week a huge monitor lizard crawled lazily into my path). Instead I saw many squirrels bounding across the steps and amongst the trees. Cute. I finished the sets drenched in sweat, as usual. Every part of my gear was totally wet with perspiration, no matter how 'dri-fit' or wicking the material was.

A well-rewarded dinner - fresh sashimi overload with Alber at our favourite Sakuraya hideout. Double slabs of salmon belly, maguro, scallops (shiok!), cuttlefish, octopus, chuka hotate, grilled saba, sticky rice and green tea ice-cream. Heavens. The two of us ate more than a table of 5 next to us. They had the same amount of sashimi orders but for 5. Gosh!

No comments: