Friday, July 17, 2009

Cop-out Run

The ambitious 3h super long run plan crumbled in the cool sea breeze of the evening. In its place, I did a slow trot - really really slow, took forever to reach the u-turn at G2 toilet - for 1.5hr. And called it quits. Pointless to go on with that slow pace, un-motivated and un-inspired. Must be one of those days when running beyond 40min became a hopeless pain. Junk miles? Shoo, out with them.

Bailed out plan. Semi-ran to hawker centre, flagged a cab back to my car. Showered and made my way to sashimi!

And how brilliant was it to then meet my mum and relatives there as well, after I had tucked into half a slab of salmon belly and grilled saba etc... Thankfully there was no secret rendezvous in operation. Haha. And for the record, over-ordered and yes, it was totally possible to OD on sashimi and fish. I'm now so sodium-intoxicated (from soy sauce wasabi), I'm gulping water by the bottle....

No comments: