Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Consistent Trackwork

Shem's menu for the night: 15-10-10-5.
Essentially similar to last week's run at LTHR, but over a more prolonged duration. So 15min ON run, 5min active recovery, 10min ON, 5min recover,...

My legs were so drop-dead heavy during the warm up jog. I had to stretch and rub like mad to prep for the track workout. Same target of 5min pace. Anything faster was a bonus.

15min - covered exactly 3km (5min pace)
10min - 2.1km (~4:45min pace)
10min - 2.1km (~4:45min pace)
5min - 1.1km (~4:33min pace) (tried to finish 3 complete rounds, but did not make it)

Glad that I kept the pace sort of consistent, without keeling over. Wonder how long can I sustain a 5min pace for.

Trackwork is the perfect antidote to a bad day, or excess energy, or simply to empty the mind. I am beginning to like it now. :)

No comments: