Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yellowfish Brick

Got to F2 this morning for YF Brick session. 2.5hr ride, 1hr run, OTOT.

Slightly late, and the bikes were moving out already. Had a hard time chasing (and not succeeding) along Changi Coastal Road. There were so many bikes and groups, I could not tell which were the YF riders. Simply rode by myself. Alber, Henry etc were somewhere ahead... We had to be back at F2 in 2.5hr for run.

I seldom ride at Coastal Road, so took the first round to familiarize myself. Then decided that I could possibly go faster. Happy to maintain abt 30-33kmh for the next 2 sets. Wow, never ridden so fast before! (Mandai downslope didn't count.). Pedalled and tried to draft some guy who came close. First time drafting, wow, quite shiok too! Not much effort to keep at 32-33kmh. (Ok ok, have to take this in relative perspective to my normal speed of 25-28kmh...)

My loop was from the junction that turned back into ECPark (think it is next to the TM Ferry Terminal), to the SAF Ferry Terminal. Did not really track the distance for 1 loop. Deliberately rode hard so as to simulate race fatigue in the legs. Managed 3 loops, far exceeded my expectation. Yes yes, I'm a turtle rider. Haha.

Run time, woohoo! Quads felt a bit sore in the transition to run. Shuffled along, small steps, high cadence, no pounding or the cramps would come. Quite pleased with my run pace after the hard ride. Not sure of run distance either - F2-B2 (playground) and back, with a detour behind the chalets. About 11km?

Great workout, good weather in the morning!

No comments: