Saturday, July 25, 2009

MR Easy Run

Lazy Saturday morning, lazy MR run. Glad I went late and missed the rain and the crowds. There was an opening ceremony of the new MR facilities by DPM Teo.

There was no sun, but high humidity. Did the usual 10km route with Alber, both deliberately at an easy pace, but my breathing was all off. We were under the canopy, but the thick heavy air still penetrated. I thought about trail running vs road. I was so acquainted with road running recently that my rhythm was in disarray this morning. Trail runs are like sea swims. Beyond our 'base pace', one's pace and cadence were dictated by the rocks and waves, rather than purely within our control.

The new MR facilities were decent and nice, except for the showers. Both the Ladies and Gents had 2 sets of showers - outdoors and indoors. The outdoor shower jets were cool and playful. But the indoor ones were very badly designed. The shower heads were fanciful and totally unfunctional. The water sprayed at everything, but me. I had to tiptoe, and still unable to wash properly. The spray angle was too high and diffused. Why spend money to install fanciful showers, when simple, no-frills but powerful jets work much better??

No comments: