Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ironguides Brick Session

Brick session, putting into practice what we heard yesterday. We had proper transition logistics and setup. For both bike and run,
1x lap Easy
1x lap Moderate
1x lap Hard (by perceived effort)

Bike - Got dropped mid-way of the first set. Traffic lights, slower speed, and unfamiliar route, missed the u-turn. No way I would be at "Easy" if I followed the pack! So I re-jigged my route to avoid the cars and traffic. Alber and I shortened the route and took turns drafting, while doing the easy-mod-hard circuit. Reverted to the low-cadence-hard-gear method. Worked better for me anyway since could not spin fast enough. Rode about 2:10h, 65km.

Run - 2.5km route x4 (less than 2.5km actually). Got off the bike after the "Hard" loop, and legs felt jelly-ish. But the feeling passed after about 15min. We ran 4x.
1- 15min
2- 12ish min
3- 11min
4- 13min

Super tired and sleepy now.

No comments: