Sunday, August 24, 2008

AHM 2008 & Philharmonic Winds

I reached the start line of AHM just as the horn sounded the flag off. It was a cool and lovely weather for a morning run. The route was the best amongst all the years of AHM, crossing the newly opened Marina Barrage. The best part of the run was a dirt track leading up to the Barrage - a 2-3km of soft tar that provided a respite from the cement ground. Sok Hwa overtook me around 16km at the Barrage. Many people achieved their PBs today, given the great weather and route. I tried my best too, I ran hard, non-stop and non-slacking. But only a dismal 2:04h timing. I guess that was my base pace, and my best just was not good enough. *Shrug* This year I am resigned to not running well.

Caught a Philharmonic Winds concert with some friends tonight. It was quite fun, almost like attending a school concert. There were so many students waving light sticks and shouting. The orchestra played many pop songs that got the audience clapping and drumming our fingers along. It was a nice relaxing break from my usual training routine. I had been watching the Olympics and hot lean bods. Looking at the musicians on stage, I suddenly realized that they could look quite sexy with their instruments as well! Just a different sort of confidence and competence. :)

No comments: