Sunday, August 31, 2008

ECP 16km & Ros' Wedding

I had to fit in a long run this weekend, no thanks to Friday's aborted attempt. Decided to run at ECP before kayak course since it was near the vicinity. Alas, too drained from yesterday's sun, sea and sand, that I totally overslept. Managed to finally drag myself out of bed at 7am and head to B1 Fort Rd, while munching on peanut butter sandwich.

I started around 7:50am. Planned to cover 15-16km from B1 to slightly beyond F2, near the PA club. I strapped on my HRM and footpod and trotted off. I think I need to re-calibrate the footpod, but would need to find the instructions first. In the meanwhile, I just took the footpod pace as an estimate.

The first 5km went well, strong and steady. Reached the Bedok jetty and saw some Tampines Safra runers training for TNF100. Knee started to hurt a little, deja vu from Friday. Must have strained something on Friday while coming down MF slope. :( Reached the PA campsite and turned around. Managed 10km in a sub-1h, decent. Thereafter, it was downhill. I could not really sustain the same pace, and my watch pace-readings went up and down like a spring. Endure endure. Past MacDonalds, Big Splash. A little more.

As I neared B1 end point, I saw Alber waiting at the pavilion. What a nice surprise! :) 1:28h for about 15.5 - 16km? Not sure of exact distance. Had to work harder. Meanwhile, mad dash to Kayak session. Hungry and late!

[Kayak course - separate blog posting]

Rushed home after kayak to change and attend Rosalind's wedding. Such a sweet lovable girl, finally her big day. The dinner was held at Hilton, and I was running late. Reason? Could not decide and find appropriate attire for a wedding dinner. Too much workout gear in my cupboard, way overloaded. Now, where have I stashed all my non-sports nice pretty accessories and stuff? Finally made it to the hotel, and dinner had not started. Nice to catch up with Anthony, DO, Ronnie, Doreen and TDK. Our half of the table was only talking about running and run times and run gear and everything related to runs. Ros and Jancy looked wonderful. Ros was clearly relaxed and enjoying herself. :) Congratulations girl!

No comments: