Sunday, August 17, 2008

Half-ironed Legs

I was lulled into a deep restful sleep and woke up pretty fresh. Pity I forgot to bring my 2XU recovery tights, it would have helped to sleep in them. The buffet breakfast area was crowded from the weekend holiday crowds as well as the triathletes. It was not difficult to spot all those who had raced the day before - they easily stood out in their super tanned tones. Had breakfast with Lau PK, Eddie, Robert, Dexter, Ken, Jessica, Fiona and her cute children. The guys played mahjong last night til late!

We had a few hours to kill before our ferry departure. I headed to the spa for a 90min massage, so soothing for the tired muscles. The ferry ride was interesting. First we loaded the bicycles onto the resort's van for transporting to the ferry terminal. We saw a big group of foreign participants too, no doubt working in Singapore, with their fancy bikes, wheels and bike cases. There was a guy who had a trophy cup on his luggage trolley, and a bike with a full Zipp disc wheel. Wow.

Would I attempt another half-IM soon? I'm not sure. I do not particularly relish the sea swim. Obviously the stronger half of me are my legs. The guys talked about Langkawi and Busselton next year. I am not as ambitious. Much as I am intrigued by the cycling and run challenge, a 3.8km swim is too much of a leap of faith for me. Not in the near future anyway. For now, I will happily bask in my half-ironed legs and mind. :)

No comments: