Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Telok Blangah Hills

Many people came today, surprisingly given that it was hill-work day. Linda, Sumiko, JD, Alvin (who brought some new people), and many regulars. Quite a big turnout. Ong said I finally joined in their Telok Blangah hill repeats tonight. :)

Well, but I did 6 instead of 8 loops, at a consistent 3:50-odd min for every loop. Still breathing ok, better not over-push. By the 5th loop, I could feel a tightening down my right back and knee. After the 6th loop, I decided not to stress test my hip further. The problem was still persistent, ever since last Thursday's Labrador training and Sunday's PI run. The main trigger seemed to be slopes and long runs. A TCM doc said there was a slight imbalance in my frame, hence my weight distribution was off. So the right hip had to counter and compensate for it, resulting in frequent stresses. Hmmm.... ?

Went to Clementi Botak Jones coffeeshop to try a new Italian stall. Had to get some bicycle gear from Eddie as well, all in time for Saturday's race. The guys ordered 2 huge pizzas and 3 baked lasagne. For the price, the food was decently done. As usual, between bites of pizza with melting cheese strands, I was trying hard to chew and not laugh my food off.

No comments: