Monday, August 25, 2008

Cool MR Run & SMU Tracks

I miss running at Macritchie. My course ended early today so I had time to dash home, grab my trail shoes and hit the dirt paths. There were very few people at MR on a Monday evening. I saw Grace waiting for her friends. I started on the 10km loop, with little disturbances except me, the greens and the occasional monkey. The cool weather made it all the more pleasant. The trail was surprisingly dry despite the heavy downpour in the past days. The rocks and pebbles and somewhat slippery sections spiced up the run, and the soft mud was so gentle on the knees. Then I was hungry towards the last 3km....

I had to rush, because my friend and I were going to meet a coaching friend and check out his training programme. The group had not formally started their training, tonight was a sort of recovery from AHM. It was at the old SMU tracks. I skipped the warm up jogs on the track, and joined them for some basic running drills. Drills to train muscle memory and get the legs to remember the correct running action. Interesting stuff as it was my first time doing such drills. But wow, quite sng on the muscles that were not normally used. Then we did strengthening exercises - the usual, push-ups, sit-ups, back, dips etc.

I was so starving, I walked over to Mr. Prata and ordered a huge dinner for myself - Maggi goreng, plain prata, and a Horlicks. The chap serving me the noodles was surprised to see me attacking the prata already, and looked around to see if there was anyone else at the table. Haha.

No comments: