Thursday, August 21, 2008

DQ worth $370?

Agonized the whole day if I should sign up for Aviva 70.3 or not. I had 24hrs to decide on an event the magnitude of S$370. Ouch. On the one hand, I should gain more race experience, eg. transition, nutrition on the go, and so forth. Yet these could also be gained through more training and mileage. Of course there was the mighty 70min swim cut-off looming over the horizon, casting gloom on the registration. So much to pay for a DQ and no medal!?

Thoughts aside, I went for a swim. Only managed 16 laps before it was time for Safra run. The route was supposedly 10km, to Dempsey, Tanglin Rd and back. Either I was very very slow, or the distance was longer because I took much more time to complete. Hmmm. Could feel some lactic in the legs too.

Went home and continued pondering.........

No comments: