Thursday, August 7, 2008

Labrador Hills

Tested out my new swim gloves this evening. 1st lap, wow, the drag was different, faster but needed more power. It was less tiring than the hard plastic type of hand paddles, but obviously more so than normal unassisted front crawling. Consequently each lap took a longer time. I had to stop and breathe a bit more after every lap. I managed 17 laps, before the rain started splashing down and the whistle blew. The lifeguards chased everyone out of the pool as the rain came pelting. Nonetheless, good try with the gloves.

I changed, and joined our Safra runners. The sky miraculously cleared up as we started our run. We went to Labrador Park for 6 loops of Labrador Hill. I suddenly realized that it was my very first time doing the hill there, and did not know what to expect of the route. I almost died and want to give up. But I peservered another 5.5 rounds. By which time, either my lungs were bursting out, or my legs were dead beat. Ong and the rest were still waiting for me (the last one) to return to clubhouse together. So terribly embarrassing that so many people had to wait. Ooops. :(

No comments: