Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Final Spin

Spin spin spin. KL really whacked the class hard today. There was a trainee foreign instructor on stage as well, she looked familiar, I think she was a regular spin participant. She wore a nice capri Parentini cycling tights and a Pearl Izumi top, and looked very lean in the outfit. Well, definitely a more eye candy than Panda KL. Haha.

Tried to set up the bike as close to my tri bike as possible. Hmmm, in my years of spinning, I had never adjusted the saddle and handle bars so close to each other before. But it felt comfortable. So spin I did, like interval trainings. When I felt like stopping, I visualized myself on the Desaru slopes and rolling backwards if I did not climb hard enough, and I continued pedalling. Huff huff, big gasps of air. When there were rest breaks, I continued cruising. On a race, there was no stopping.

KL chose my favourite flat track, and announced that 'people who just bought a full carbon bike must spin faster'. Haha, oops. Ok might as well, since it was my favourite song. It was one of the rare RPM songs that had a 90min flat segment (most were 30 - 60min). The extra 30min non-stop sprint really pushed the lungs.

Yeah, last hard spin before the race. Kinda looking forward to it, hope to complete the entire race. I estimated a 7-8hour timing (Swim: 1h-plus; Ride: 4h-ish; Run: 2h-ish). I'm already mentally planning for a good spa session after the race!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,

Good luck with the race. Anyway, I have updated my blog with Sabah Adventure Challenge and all the latest stuff.

add me into your list of bloggers. www.marlinthefish.blogspot.com

Dominic

Unknown said...

Hey,

Good luck with this saturday race.

anyway, I have updated my blog, you can add me in your list now. www.marlinthefish.blogspot.com

Dominic