Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mad About English

I did a a recovery RPM class tonight, thought I should ease my legs somewhat and save some of them for Sunday's AHM. Anna, the new trainee instructor, was there again. I think she rides outside of class, she has quite good form on the spin bike.

Rushed for a quick dinner then joined my colleagues for a late movie, Mad about English. It is a documentary depicting the fervour with which Chinese are scrambling to learn English in the lead-up to Beijing Olympics. A delightful and hilarious production, which left me both tickled and threatened. Tickled and amused by the wit and determination of the Chinese in their English-fever. At the same time, threatened by the intensity of their willpower and sense of mission and how quickly they picked up the language.

No comments: