Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shaving 2min

I shaved 2 min from my swim today! Yes! For the first time since I had been crawling, I finally felt what my friends had always described as "grabbing" and "pulling" through the water. I felt that my strokes had slightly more power than before, and that sense of pull was quite uplifting. My first set of 10 laps took 15:30min, and the second set 16ish min. Alright, it was only a teeny weeny improvement, but there it was. I grinned like I struck gold, even though the guy next to me (who was already not very fast) was bypassing me at every lap. Managed to swim 22 laps before time was up for the run.

Joined the Safra runners for a 10km MF loop. Lah lee lah, hopping and rolling along right behind. Panted up Kg Bahru, then decided not to kill my throat with hard breathing. So prone to sore throats and irritation. Walked the remaining few lamp posts up the slope. Ok, run was not looking good at all. Made it back to Safra in my usual MF-loop timing.

This morning I overheard a radio snippet that women needed 1h of workout 5 times a week in order to lose weight and keep it off. That exceeded the healthy lifestyle recommendation of 30min of exercise 3 times a week. Well, I did 1.5h today, so I'm on target to maintain my weight! Haha.

1 comment:

Workingdonkey said...

well done!

Its always estatic to see improvements in stuff we do, albeit how small the improvement is.

Keep it up!