Monday, May 4, 2009

Draggy Swim

Swim class was a nightmare tonight. Jumped into the pool and did the drills. Then coach moved me to last swimmer Lane 2. Target 5x 200m @ 5:30 pace, alternate with pull-buoy. The first set of swim was so tiring, I barely clocked 5:24. Cannot tahan. Moved back to first swimmer Lane 1. Ok much better. But the last set took me close to 6min. Blown by now. Whew.

Then the medley swims - the 3 Bs: butterfly (by 3 lap, I looked like caterpillar instead....), backstroke, breast stroke (without hands, and then with heads up). Can die. Arms and legs tired now.

10 more minute. Dreaded sprints. 100m, 50m, 100m, 50m. Wah faint. Really could not move. Struggle just to complete, and clocked very bad timings. 1:11 for the last 50m sprint, gosh, even slower than my average 50m! Time to end the class. Breathe....

No comments: