Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sub-40 and Hill Runs

Hooray, my first sub-40min for 30 laps in the pool. Well, ok it was close, 39:57min. And it was not exactly 30 laps non-stop. I did 3x 10lap "tempo swim" (if there was such an equivalent of tempo runs). *self-pat*

Followed by MF training at Telok Blangah hills. First time I did that route - up TB normal loop, round carpark, down the long slope to main road, u-turn, up the long slope, carpark. It was approximately 2km per loop.

Legs felt weak yet heavy after swim. First 2 sets were horrible, like could not move, had to forcefully drag legs. Paid my price in the next half loop. Sudden sharp pain on foot arch, had to stop to stretch and massage. I decided to continue after a while. Good thing for the stretch though, the next few loops were much better. I ran 3 more loops. The other runners were done and gathered in the carpark, ready to walk back to Safra. I had to complete the remaining 0.5loop to finish a total of 6.

10:03min, 10:30min, 6:25min (incomplete), 10:37min, 10:16min, 10:00min, 6:29min (sort of complete the earlier half).

No comments: