Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hard Passion Run

Took the opportunity to do a time trial for 15km at Passion Run. Chantelle passed me her tag, and Alber took Alan's. The grand plan was for him to pace me for a good timing.

There was a traffic jam from ECP into the ecp hawker centre. I thought I was early, but after being held up, we only parked the car at 650am (flag-off 7am!). Made a quick dash to the toilet and did a 5km warm-up jog to the start line. Luckily, they were late to flag off.

There was a slight congestion in the front, and we went out a wee too fast. It was about a 5:10 pace, definitely unsustainable for me, and lasted about 2-3km. Then the pace got slower, but I still tried to keep it sub-6min.
5km - 26:36min
10km - 54:53min
15km - 1:22++min

Happy with the timing since it was a debut race. But I doubt that I could sustain the pace over 21km, let alone 42km. Whew.... faint.

No comments: