Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Safra 12km Recovery Run

We had a sizeable group of runners today. Maybe it was the distance. 12km was the sort of attractive distance that made you feel like a decent workout without over-doing it. It was my recovery run. Realised I did the equivalent of a long-dist IM over the long weekend, albeit over 3 days. No wonder I was struggling with swim class last night. So tonight I was committed to a recovery jog. No chiong-ing, no chasing, no gung-ho sprints. Just steady steps to rid the lactic. Easier said than done, hard to resist a chase when a runner overtakes from behind. But resist I must. No killing my knees or legs or whatever. It was hard to recover from injuries, almost half a year downtime. Sheesh. Now on a kiasu-kiasee mode to 'not kill myself' and preserve the recovery. Like a new lease of life, treasure it. :)

No comments: