Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Triathlon - Jog, Walk, Cab

I was so incredibly tired and lethargic today, I could not even begin to describe how bad it was. I was yawning all the time, my joints felt weak and sng and body just super no energy or mood to move.

I was down at ECP with Alber. We bumped into so many people there. Siew Lee, Melvin, Wayne, Simon etc were there to blade and cycle. Chez was blading. Sumiko finished her run. One of the commandos from last week was with her, she said I was 'the pink girl'. Giang was finishing her run. Gene & Kops etc were walking. Lock, LX and LP were training for Gold Coast.

It was one of the days you knew instinctively the run would be a flop, especially when the first 2-3km took so much effort, yet such slow timing. The rest pretty much went downhill thereafter. Initially I thought 'slow and easy just enjoy the run'. I still felt ok past Bedok Jetty and F2. Saw Alber on his way back after the sailing club. So I thought that I would go on to NSRCC as well. Bad move. Totally flat out about 200m from the car park of NSRCC. That 1hr of run never felt so long long endless and tough. Melvin cycled by, I joked that we should swap shoes and I could take his bike instead.

I walked the way back, from NSRCC to the hawker centre (only because that was the only place to get a taxi!). Saw some random people from the Safra chalets cycling and wheeling another bicycle (presumable returning bikes for friends). I actually asked one of them if I could help him with the bike (read: so I could cycle back and not walk. haha.) Alas, the extra bike was faulty... Sigh.... continued walking. Met Siew Lee and group. Simon had a bike, but the poor guy was learning how to ride, it would be horrible of me to take his bike! Borrowed a phone to call Alber to drive over, but he was not holding his phone. Ok, all alternatives tried. Back to walking and finding a cab....

Walked along the service road instead of jogging path. Some guys in front of me flagged an oncoming cab. Argh. Walked some more. Finally! Cab! and sped all the way back to my car.

I was still yawning after a shower and lunch. So tired, all I wanted to do was lie flat on my bed and nap. But had a whole day full of appointments. :(

No comments: