Sunday, May 3, 2009

LSD 35km

Finally clocked a long run today. It rained so heavily in the middle of the night around 2am, I was hoping for clear weather for the run. I woke up late, thankfully the runners were still at the lobby when I arrived. Temperature screening booths were already set up and manned outside the main lobby entrance. We had a good attendance, considering the long weekend, MR Progressive Run and a long distance. Jimmy, Ong, TH, Julie, Dora, Henry, Melvin, Wong, Shirley, Simon, Alber, Karen, Freddy and a few others.

It was a new route this morning, from MF to West Coast Park to Pandan Reservoir. It was a leisurely run, at least for the fast runners, as we did a 6min +/- pace and waited at various junctions to regroup. I felt good on the run, able to keep up even though I was overtaken by all when we did the 6.3km loop OTOT at Pandan Reservoir. La-la-la.

The Pandan Reservoir loop was draining, for that was when the sun started to peek from behind the clouds. I liked the terrain there and kept a steady pace. The other runners too fell into their natural pace (and hence I was overtaken. Haha). After the reservoir, we ran across the road to a coffeeshop and got drinks. Thirst-quenchers! Then we ran back towards NUS, stopped outside the 7-11 near the prata shop, and had more drinks. It was my most quenched run in my running history! All in, I had 2x water refills, 1x Pocari, 1x Apple & Aloe Vera juice, and 1x Gatorade. Whew!

I managed to continue and finish the NUS - S. Buona Vista section, and ploughed through to Kg Bahru. Finally, finished 35km LSD. 3:30h total running time, excluding all the multiple stops. Felt good. :)

No comments: