Sunday, May 10, 2009

ECP Run

Ran at ECP today. Supposed to be there in the morning, but I was woken up by the lightning and thunder, and went back to bed. Ooops, too late. Took my chance at the weather, and arrived at ECP at 930am. Saw Kenny, Kenneth and Sumiko. Weather seemed ok, sun still blocked by the clouds. I started my run. 30min later, it started raining. I ran into a shelter, but after a few minutes, decided to continue my run. Alas, the rain became heavier. I stopped again in a shelter. The rain did not seem to abate. Oh well, better to run and stay warm, then to cool down in the shelter and catch a cold. There were only a few runners on the road now. The rain pelted down, hard, torrential. I was totally drenched, and looked like I had ran straight out from the sea.

I returned to B1, and the rain stopped! Argh.... Was undecided if I should continue (aka restart the run) or go home. Finally overcame the inertia, and ran. I noticed new km markers along ECP, and used them to distract myself from the distance by timing each km. Along the way, there was a group of guys running topless, and all wearing HRM straps. They made a very prominent group. Intimidating! Haha. We passed one another many time on the run, always in the opposite direction. I was nearing the Safra Country Club when they were on their way back towards Fort Road. Then we passed again, around B2.

Stopped at 7-11 to buy drinks. Bumped into Sumiko, who was waiting for friends. Turned out to be those guys. Ahh small world. Finally completed my run. From dry to drenched to wet.... Ahh life is good. :)

1 comment:

warriorsofwind said...

yup.. agreed that life is good..
This morning, the rain just happened to stop at 7am. Managed to completed the run before the rain started again. Welcoming the downpour for cooling down and enjoying a nature bath. :)